Friday, March 15, 2013

Hey there, I am currently watching "Arrow"

"My name is Oliver Queen. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal - survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish - to use the list of names he left me and bring down those who are poisoning my city. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else."

 

Spoilt millionaire playboy Oliver Queen is missing-presumed-dead when his yacht is lost at sea. He returns five years later a changed man, determined to clean up the city as a hooded vigilante armed with a bow.

Initially, I practically ignored the promos of the show while browsing over the internet a few weeks back thinking it to be yet another run of the mill time slot filler!.....However as recommended by a friend few days back after my whining for a good batman adaptation in the form of a series which was partially fulfilled by batman beyond but I still felt quite unsatisfied!...so he asked me to check this out with particular mention that it had a real look feel like Nolan's Batman movies.

So I went for it with little or no expectations.....The first five to ten minutes I felt then were quite pacy and I also felt that they were giving too much away too quickly, however that was not at all the case. The show hasn't missed a beat from there on!....by the end of the first episode you would have enjoyed to the equal of an above average action movie.

It is in my opinion a great effort by the team behind Arrow who made the lead of their show extremely believable, dark and likable, with the supporting cast also getting adequate air time and story lines and not being treated as mere caricatures!, fine there are some clichéd dialogues here and there but then a work of fiction does rest on some clichés and may be those are the Green Arrow's punchlines in the comic books, I haven't read its comics ever and I don't really know but it could be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment