Monday, June 3, 2013

Becoming A Freemason Has Its Own Share Of Responsibilities



Becoming a Freemason is just like becoming a member of any organization. There are benefits to experience but along with those benefits are responsibilities that a Freemason also needs to accomplish and perform.
There are responsibilities imposed upon a new mason upon entering the brotherhood. As the mason progresses in acquiring different degrees, new duties are added upon his shoulders. As he performs those duties, he is able to attain and live a commendable life.
The first duties will serve as his foundations as a Freemason. There are three main duties that a Freemason must accomplish

Duty To God

Masonry is not necessarily a religion; its members are required to be religious, which means he must believe in God. He needs to be respectful and to always revere God. In every admirable job that he needs to do, he must implore the help of the Creator. He must always look up to God as the head of all good. Everything in this brotherhood refers to God; implies about Him, speaks, leads and points to Him.
Anyone who wants to be a Mason must first kneel down and confess of his trust and faith in God. His duty involves believing in the power of prayers. Prayer will unlock the bountiful blessings of the creator.

Duty To Neighbor

A mason must love and must respect anyone, regardless of his/her religion, belief or race. He must be fair to anyone and he must not do to any person what he does not want to be done to him. If you do not want others to harm you, then do not cause them harm. If you want others to be kind to you, then show them your kindness. When you are a mason, never think that you will only serve or respect your fellow mason. You must learn to share your goodness with anyone and everyone. It is your responsibility to extend whatever help you can without choosing who you should give your help to. As part of the society, it is expected of you as a Mason to be a helpful part of the society.

Duty To Oneself

One cannot be at peace with other people unless he starts to make peace with his own self. As a freemason, you need to first respect yourself so you could set yourself as a good example to others. Hold yourself in esteem. As a pious individual required of masonry, you should keep in mind that the creator is constantly looking upon each and everyone. He knows what a person's real thoughts and feelings are. He knows all our actions and plans; thus, all these things He can observe about us must be worthy of His inspection. Domestic and public virtues are expected to be observed by a Freemason. You must always have a good sense in all your undertakings. You must chastise yourself with self-control. You must be resilient and strong. You must be fair and just in all your actions. The main virtues you should abide by are honesty, wisdom and trustworthiness. Your duty to yourself is to make the best out of the life God has given you.

Duty To The Lodge

While it is true that a Freemason needs to be firm in all obligations and responsibilities he needs to perform, he must also not neglect his duties to the Lodge. Those duties are mainly to attend Lodge meetings. Absence from these meetings should only be justified if a brother has a legitimate and honest reason for not attending.

Duty To The Country

As a brother, you must be obedient to the laws of your country. You must be an example to others through
your exemplary fulfillment of your civil duties. You must not do anything that would disrupt the order and peace of the society and your country.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to brotherhood Illuminati where you can become
    rich famous and popular and your life story we be change
    totally my name is Dan Jerry I am here to share my
    testimony on how I join the great brotherhood Illuminati
    and my life story was change immediately . I was very poor
    no job and I has no money to even feed and take care of my
    family I was confuse in life I don’t know what to do I try all
    my possible best to get money but no one work out for me
    each day I share tears, I was just looking out my family no
    money to take care of them until one day I decided to join
    the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I
    never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they
    said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to
    me they really change my story totally . They give me the
    sum of $1,200,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I
    was able to become rich, and have many industry on my
    own and become famous and popular in my country , today
    me and my family is living happily and I am the most
    happiest man here is the opportunity for you to join the
    Illuminati and become rich and famous in life and be like
    other people and you life we be change totally.If you are
    interested in joining the great brotherhood Illuminati.then
    contact him +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021
    email:illuminatibrotherpowerful@gmail.com or you need my assistance
    email:danjerry04@gmail.com...

    ReplyDelete