Thursday, February 28, 2013

10 Reasons Why Being Famous Isn't All That Great

Is it all it's set out to be?


Everyone thinks that being famous is awesome, but when I think about it, I just don’t get it. Sure, you get rich and don’t have to worry about paying your bills anymore, but like P Diddy used to say in the Puff Daddy days, “Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems”. No amount of money in the world would make me want to give up my privacy. Of course there are many perks to being a celebrity , but is it worth it to go through all those downs for money? Here is why I think it sucks being a celebrity…

Here's an example of how being famous can make you or break you.  What happened to Macaulay Culkin? 
 
Here's an example of how being famous can make you or break you. What happened to Macaulay Culkin?

1. Paparazzi.For obvious reasons.
You can’t get a break-ever.I can’t imagine wanting to go shopping, or grab a coffee and having to worry about people running after me to take pictures of me.I have a friend who works in Manhattan, at Intermix, which is a high-end fashion retail store and famous people go there all the time.Rihanna went recently, and she was wearing a skirt and a short shirt.She told the sales associates she felt uncomfortable in what she was wearing because there was a guy outside the store trying to snap pictures of her, so the sales associates gave her a sweater to put on.She thanked them, and she was very nice, but doesn’t that suck.I guess all the money makes up for it, she could buy whatever she wants, but I’d rather have my privacy.OR what about all these magazines we see with photos of famous women getting out of a car and their crotches are showing.I WOULD DIE if someone put a picture like that of me so everyone could see.This type of situation could easily happen to anyone, if your wearing a short skirt/dress your crotch/underwear could easily show while getting out of a car.

2. You have no private life.
Your business is not only yours anymore.It’s everybody’s, apparently.Look at what’s going on with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.Funny because I’m not one to read up on celebs or find out any info about them, but I see it everywhere.It’s actually annoying, and frankly, I could give a rat’s ass if they stay together or get divorced, but it seems like everyone in the world is infatuated with this news.And their poor daughter, she is young and doesn’t understand, but the whole world is talking about her mommy and daddy separating.That’s sad to me.I wouldn’t want to bring a child into this world for everyone to see.

3. It can make you or break you.
This goes for anyone that has a lot of money.Some rich people do very well with their wealth, and even help out the disadvantaged by giving to charity, or adopting a child from a 3rd world country.Some though, fall into drugs, make stupid decisions with their money, spend too much thinking they have more than they do, party too much, etc.

4. Rumors.
People start rumors about celebrities because they are jealous.This I guess is not a big deal, but sometimes people can say some really nasty things about you and it affects people in many different ways.

Here, a celebrity, Kim Kardashian is getting her makeup done so she will look up to par with what everyone expects her to look like.
Here, a celebrity, Kim Kardashian is getting her makeup done so she will look up to par with what everyone expects her to look like.

5. Beef (fighting/problems) with other famous people.
Look at Drake and Chris Brown supposedly fighting over Rihanna. I’m not sure what happened and frankly I don’t care, but it seemed to be over a woman. Imagine being famous and having to be around people you don’t want to be around, but you have to be there. That sucks. I wouldn’t want to deal with that.

6. Traveling all the time.
Celebrities tend to have to be away from friends and family for long periods of time. I would think it’s a lonely world for a celebrity.

7. Stalkers.
Most of us know about Whitney Houston’s stalkers, one of them was harassing her, claimed to be her brother when he’d call her offices, or send flowers and ended up getting arrested for possession of weapons. Imagine what could have happened if her office team hadn’t thought he was suspicious, he could have gone after her. Also Selena, one of the best selling Latin stars of the 90’s was murdered at the young age of 23, by the president of her fan club, who was also her so-called “friend”. Being famous means you have to watch your back.

8. Depending on what type of celebrity you are, there are different guidelines on how you should behave.
I don’t think I have to name them here, just think: Kim Kardashian=retarded, Tara Reid=Trashy, Lyndsay Lohan=Screw up, you get my drift.

9. Trust Issues: Being Rich = People use you.
You don’t know who your real friends are. You don’t know who to trust, or who’s going to be the next one to reach out to the gossip magazines and spill your beans. You don’t know who your real lover is.

10. People admire you.
This can be good and this can be bad. If you mess up, your fans may lose respect for you, you may not get the roles you wanted anymore, others can replace you, etc.
So that's about it. I'm not ranking on famous people, just telling it like it is. The reality is, I'm not famous myself, so I really don't know what it's like, but for me, I'd rather not be. I don't like people in my business already, hell, I don't even like the way I look in pictures most of the time. Imagine what it would be like if I was famous?!

2 comments:

  1. you are awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. try giving a little more detailed examples next time but this was great thanks

    ReplyDelete